Joe Biden urges Americans to ‘bring down the temperature’ as he promises peaceful transition to Donald Trump – live

                       

Biden says American election system 'can be trusted' and urges people to 'bring down temperature'

Nodding to Donald Trump’s baseless insistence that he fraudulently lost the 2020 election, Joe Biden said he hopes Trump’s re-election on Tuesday puts to rest doubts about the fairness of US elections.

“Something to hope we can do, no matter who you voted for, is see each other not as adversaries, but as fellow Americans. Bring down the temperature,” the

 president said READ MORE

“I also hope we can lay to rest the question about the integrity of the American electoral system. It is honest, it is fair, and it is transparent, and it can be trusted, win or lose.”

Biden added that, “I also hope we can restore the respect for all our election workers who busted their necks and took risks,” and likened their work to his duties in his final weeks in office.

“At the outset, we should thank them. Thank them for staffing voting sites, counting the votes, protecting the very integrity of the election. Many of them are volunteers who do it simply out of love for their country. And, as they did, as they did their duty as citizens, I will do my duty as president. I will fulfill my oath, and I will honor the constitution. On January 20, we’ll have a peaceful transfer of power here in America.”

Updated at 

No comments:

Post a Comment